Hi all - do you know of a way to have Trello send a reminder to Members of a card if nobody has updated it in over a week, for example?
@Brett K.
Trello variable documentation does not have a variable for date of last activity. It is, however, a property of the card. Which means that with Butler you need to use Http Request and Trello API to fetch it.
However, I have a hack that compares A<=B and outputs a C. In the example below it compares creation date+7d to Due Date and writes a report line to say it is incomplete.
every day at 8:55 pm, create a report in variable "card_days" with all cards with an incomplete due date assigned to anyone using pattern "{cardcreationdate+7d~YYYYMMDD}^{cardduedate~YYYYMMDD}^- [{cardname}]({cardlink}) task was created on {cardcreationdate} in this List {cardlistname}. You have set a due date {cardduedate} more than 7 days into the task and it is still incomplete at this time.", post to url "https://25368.wayscript.io/butler/?registry=5<registry ID>&module=5f8f85b37e48935f02fa954e" with payload "{\"report_variable\" : \"{$card_days}\"}", and send an email notification to "sgi.collective.sg@gmail.com" with subject "Card Days in List" and message "Here's your report : \n\n {httpresponse.condition_met_list}"
The above mechanism can be used to compare any A <= B as condition to include C. It uses Butler Http Request and an add-on I created to the magic.
See Superhero Power here
Thank you for the reply but that was way too technical for me! Is there a simpler way to do it?
Or, if I'm not an HTTP guy how would you recommend I go about setting it up?
Because date of last activity is not available as a variable, I doubt there is any easier method other than to use a Power Up for Card Aging. That tells you the age of each card - I think based on creation date.
I built Superhero Power to help those who need a Butler Add on for things Butler cannot do and do not have a facility to host the endpoint and run the program. The registration and activation instruction pages are hidden inside the toggle list under Superhero Sandbox or here
so according to my Billing info I have Business Class and I thought this board would automatically be part of it. I do see 'Cascade' under my 'Card Button' menu item...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.