Has anyone recently notice inconsistency whereby a Jira ID has a workflow in "DONE" status but the Resolutions is on "Unresolved"
This falls within Workflow & Transitions but am curious to know what causes this inconsistency.
Hi Walter,
Was the ticket transitioned from "Done" back to another preceding status?
I reviewed the activities and it seem it was first from To Do to Done, then later reopened to InProgress then DONE. Its my assumption the team was trying to see if the Unresolved resolution will re adjust in vain.
Hi,
Kindly check if 'Done' transition has post-function to set the resolution value. If there is no post-function, then it is an expected behavior. May be your workflow could have been recently modified.
That is a common reason; if the ticket moved from a resolved status to a previous status, the value of the resolution field automatically sets to "Unresolved".To resolve it, your Jira Admin will need to update the workflow setting (backend automation I suppose) to:
Hope this helps.
I have experienced this same issue. To resolve I have added post functions on the transition that update the resolution status automatically. Let me know if this is an approach you'd like to take and I'd be happy to share details about how to add those postfunctions to your workflows.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.