Question
Can I trigger a Butler rule when a checklist item with a due date is added to a checklist and is there a variable that will allow me to use the due date in the rule actions?
Background
I have a board named "Companies and Contacts". The name of every card on the board is either a company name or a person's name.
I have a rule that automatically adds a checklist named "Next Actions" to every card when the card is added to the board.
On any given card, the "Next Actions" checklist shows the next several actions to be done related to that specific company or person. Many checklist items have due dates. I'm the only person accessing the board, so I don't bother assigning the checklist items to myself.
These are not subtasks, because the card names are not tasks, they're company names.
I have a separate board named "My Tasks" where I manage all of my tasks. It has lists named "To do today", "Done today", "Tickler" (for tasks with due dates), and "To be done" (for tasks without due dates)"
Here's what I'd like to automate:
Trigger: When a checklist item with a due date is added to the "Next Actions" checklist in a card on the "Companies and Contacts" board,
Actions: I'm not sure of the exact actions, but here's what I'd like to end up with:
- A new card in the "Tickler" list on the "My Tasks" board. The name of the card is the text of the checklist item, the due date of the card is the due date of the checklist item, and the card has a link back to the original card on the "Companies and Contacts" board
- A link from the original checklist item to the new card that was created.
I'd also like to automate what happens when a checklist item without a due date is added to "Next Actions". That's largely the same, except the new card goes in the list "To be done" and has no due date.