We could really really really use the ability to drag image attachments across boards and/or copy/move. Any suggestions?
If its attached to a card, images move with the card.If you are after one that is on a card to add to another, save it to a temp directory, or your my doc's, then pick it up from there. I have a standard temp quick access one always open in my windows explorer, and where I drop any download ... computer remembers it each time.Moving documents between boards ... you dont even have it between cards.But Trello is about task management, if your after document management, set up a card for each document. Then you can also add fields for revision, approval status, tasks to fix the document, list of items needed in the document etc.
Thanks for reply. I have been doing what you have suggested, but find it to still be inefficient. I have over 20 boards with probably 500 cards per board.
Easily moving docs/images between cards and boards would be godsend. The logic is very simple and similar to moving cards to other boards, except you would need to also be able to specify the card name.
My boards are probably 200 cards, but I set the initial images in the template I create from.Then, its only project specific images and its just once on a card ... if the card applies to two items, then it should be two cards.If projects overlap, then they need to be in a combo board.Ideally, it goes to the whole principal of referencing ... you should only have the information in one place, once. Its so if you forget to change one place, the info doesnt stay and remain there wrong ... or needing to go hunt for the other occurrence (if there, needle in a haystack).Break the tasks and boards down to smaller ... if you need to make more cards, do. Otherwise the cards have too many variables. Hence the ability that if a check list item becomes a card in its own right, it can.To some, more cards is unmanagable, but to others, more cards means easier. The phrase less is more only applies to the content on the cards, not the number of cards.
Just thought, see if there is a powerup. That might be your real option ... consider using zapier if a powerup is not available ... creating custom actions might just be what you need.I tend to not, but you might find it does. Butler is another option, but I'm not ofay with butler as havent researched it as dont realy have the need, but have considered zapier for cross application use and probably be no different to transferring it between apps, just your actually transferring it back on the same app, just elsewhere.Box ... see the outside ... and go back but a different seat.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.