There is a work-around by first promoting them to member and then taking them down but that is surely not the way it should be?
Wouldn't you just be able to click on their profile image and select "remove from board"?
https://help.trello.com/article/779-removing-a-member-from-a-board#:~:text=To%20remove%20a%20member%20from,all%20cards%20on%20the%20board.
It shouldn't be any different for a team member or non-team member (i.e. guest).
Indeed Michael, (not able to click on their profile ...),
hence my question on this forum and the work-arounds found (first promote guest to member and then remove the member..)
And yes, we agree - it should not be different, but it is for members vs. guests.
Are you an admin of the board?
yes
Can you paste a screenshot of what you see when you try to remove a guest from a board?
Not without disclosing information I rather would not. Please note there is not an error of any kind, it is not an option.
The quick fix does not work.
1) from board's guest members -list i can press the remove button, the user disappears. When refreshing the page the user is back in the list. Browser's dev console says "unauthorized permission requested" but the UI does not show any error messages
2) i can press add to team -button. The user is moved to team members -list. I can press the remove user button from there -> the user is back in guest members list.
I DONT WANT to pay any extra since this is buggy. I would purchase a license if this wouldn't be so buggy. Trello have been live like 10 years and I cant remove guest from my boards. I see that very big SECURITY RISK.
Can you contact support at https://trello.com/contact so we can figure out why you can't remove the guest?
I deleted him through the fix as described above in Sep last year
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.