Hi all, it’s Maria from Atlassian’s Social Media Care team, here to say ‘hey’ and welcome our new Community members!
Lately, I’ve found myself reminiscing on some of my favorite trips and the most memorable places I’ve been lucky enough to visit to date. I also enjoy hearing all about other people’s travels and adding new places to my bucket list, so today, I’d love to hear about your travels and favorite places to visit ✈️ 🌎
My family is from Guatemala, and I had only ever visited once, so last spring I took a week long trip to explore Antigua and Lake Atitlàn. Some people call Guatemala el corazòn del mundo, or the heart of the world, and let me tell you - after visiting the incredible Lake Atitlàn, I think they’re right.

Surrounded by volcanoes, the lake can change from bright green to stormy grey to deep sapphire blue depending on the time of day and the angle you’re looking from - can you believe these photos are from the same day?! It’s amazing to watch the water and the sky change throughout the day, and truly one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever seen. There's so much to explore around the lake and in the surrounding towns, too. I’m plotting a return trip as soon as I can!
So, tell me - what’s the most memorable trip you’ve taken or your favorite place to visit?