Hi, I'm trying to rename some Board that I did not create. Is there a way the person who created the Board can grant me access to rename it?
Afraid you have to ask who set it up, or ask them to hand the board over to your login.To avoid in the future, set the board up first and get the invites out ... then its your board, your rules, your admin.Its an admin protection thing, to stop people destroying it or being wiser than the admin.
Hi @Jezamine Chan ,
Welcome to the community!
You can contact the admin/owner of the board. Only the admin can grant permission to other members of the board.
If you change the name of any board it will change the name of the board for everyone on the same board.
Thanks for the response. I understand that if I change the name of the board, it'll change for everyone in the board. However, the admin/owner of the board requires me to update the name of the board due to the nature of our project. Is there a way the owner can grant me permission to change the name of the board?
As an owner of a board, I can only allow members to comment and add/remove. But there is no option for me to allow members to change the name of the board.
Changing the permission will solve the issue
read this documentation https://help.trello.com/article/791-changing-permissions-on-a-board
Thanks, but it did not solve the issue. Even when all permissions are allowed, only the admin/owner of the board can change the title/ name of the board.
Ah fair enough. I just wanted to know if it was possible or not. Thanks for answering my question.
How do I hand a board over to another login?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.