Hi
Can I create a rule to archive automatically a new card that added to the board if there is another card with the same name already on the board?
Thanks
@Cesar Sasaki there's no direct way to do this, but here's a somewhat insane workaround:
First create this command:
when a card is added to the board, collect all cards with a name starting with "{triggercardname}" into linked items in checklist "Duplicates", for each card linked from an item in checklist "Duplicates", archive the card, find a card with link "{triggercardlink}", unarchive the card, remove link "{triggercardlink}", remove item "{triggercardlink}", and add the green "Check Duplicates" label to the card
Then create this command:
when the green "Check Duplicates" label is added to a card, remove the green "Check Duplicates" label from the card, for each card linked from an item in checklist "Duplicates", unarchive the card, remove link "{triggercardlink}", find a card with link "{triggercardlink}", and archive the card
I can't test this completely because I don't have business class and can only have one command of each type, but I have tested each command individually -- so long as the addition of the "Check Duplicates" label triggers the second command, what you end up with is the card you created that matches any cards in the board being archived.
One caveat is that you can't do "equals", the closest you can get is "starting with".
Something like: If I create a new card
Then: Copy the same card in the same board
And move it to "Archives"
I think you want to duplicate if, by mistake, you delete the card
Hi @Iain Dooley it worked! thanks!
It seems confusing but it worked, I'll have to check my other rules because when you unarchive and archive a card is the same as "when added"?
Hi I dont want to duplicate I'm just using the email to trello function so sometimes I get the same email twice.
@Cesar Sasaki haha yes it is quite a crazy workaround. If you're using Gmail you might also like my product BenkoBoard which will thread your conversations, so you can have one card for each Gmail thread which will update automatically when new emails arrive on the same conversation:
http://www.benkoboard.com/
@Cesar Sasaki oh sorry to answer your question: no unarchiving won't trigger an "added card" event.
Hello. I believe this can be achieved with the following Butler rule
Basically when a new card is created on a board, it looks for any other cards on the board with the same exact name. If one is found, then the new card is linked to the original card of the same name and then the new card is archived.You can click on the original card to see the linked card also, even though it is now archived.
I want to do the opposite: I want to create a rule that when a new card is created on the board it looks for duplicates and archives the original card, leaving the new updated card on the board. Any tips on how to create this automation rule? Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.