I have reviewed all of the other posts but this is installing Crowd 4.1.1 on apache Linux and I have tried4 different versions of Java JDK 8 (261, 202, 181, 102, 65) and I have the environment setup correctly unless I am missing something.
JRE_HOME=/home/ec2-user/jdk1.8.0_102/jre/
PATH=/home/ec2-user/jdk1.8.0_102/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/opt/aws/bin:/home/ec2-user/.local/bin:/home/ec2-user/bin
JAVA_HOME=/home/ec2-user/jdk1.8.0_102
We have also tried this with Crowd 4.1.1 and 4.0.3.
Here are the catalina.out errors:
SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal ContainerBase.addChild: start: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/crowd]]
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/atlassian/crowd/console/logging/CrowdHomeLogAppender : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0 (unable to load class [com.atlassian.crowd.console.logging.CrowdHomeLogAppender])
14-Sep-2020 15:56:09.445 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal ContainerBase.addChild: start: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/openidserver]]
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/springframework/web/SpringServletContainerInitializer : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0 (unable to load class [org.springframework.web.SpringServletContainerInitializer])
I also verified that the actual class (not loading) is located at:
/home/ec2-user/crowd-webapp/WEB-INF/classes/com/atlassian/crowd/console/logging/CrowdHomeLogAppender
I also found another problem by running a configtest.sh on Apache:
SEVERE: Failed to initialize connector [Connector[HTTP/1.1-8095]]
org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Protocol handler initialization failed
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
Any new insights would be appreciated for this problem since I believe that the obvious stuff is already correct. JDK and JRE are same versions.
Has anyone see this before?
Jim