I'm trying to get Butler to send a DM to the person who has been added to a card in Trello. I haven't succeeded yet. Does anyone know how that should be done?
Hi @Jem Inceman ,
Welcome to the community!
Have a look at this power-up: https://trello.com/power-ups/55a5d917446f51777421000a/slack
Check out this articles & documentations:
https://blog.trello.com/butler-automations-for-slack-jira
https://trello.com/en/platforms/slack
https://slack.com/intl/en-in/help/articles/231967387-Trello-for-Slack
https://help.trello.com/article/1049-slack-app
https://community.slack.com/apps/A074YH40Z-trello?next_id=0
Hi @Soumyadeep Mandal
I have everything set up and connected Trello with Slack. It can send messages to channels. But I read somewhere that one could also send DMs instead of channel messages. By doing that, I had to fill in the username instead of the channel name, so I did: @{username} but that didn't work. Do you know what I should do so that Slack will send a DM? None of the articles seemed to answer that particular question unfortunately.
Read this blog hope it will help you!
https://blog.trello.com/slack-trello-integration-powerup
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.