Is it possible to (automatically) set any of the fields of a card created automatically by Butler from the checklist items of another card (e.g. customize the title of the new card with a prefix or suffix appended to the checklist item, or e.g. set the description of the new card, or e.g. have the new card created in a list on a different board)?
i.e. Card A has a checklist with three items:
When certain conditions are met, I'd like butler to create three new cards titled:
- item 1 - suffix;
- item 2 - suffix;
- item 3 - suffix;
where the description of each of these new cards is a copy of the description of the source card.
Finally, I'd like the items in the original checklist to be replaced by links to these new cards.
----------------
I have tried countless work-arounds to achieve this, but have not found anything that works.
Ultimately, I just want to take the items of a checklist on a card and have them turned into separate cards in a list on another board, while still having direct access to the description, but every work-around I've thought of runs into a different Butler limitation (e.g. inability to append pre-/suffix to checklist item, inability to specify the board to which new cards created from a checklist are sent, inability to rename a checklist etc).
Our programmer writes up detailed updates with specific feedback points he's looking for. Up until now, our UI designer has provided feedback in the checklist, and tasks that need to be turned into new cards are coverted manually; however, the lack of formatting in checklists makes for rather dense & unreadable cards. For the programmer, it is simplest to create a single card for each feedback cycle, whereas it is more efficient if the UX designer can provide feedback on each point individually (so that the programer needn't wait for all the feedback to be completed, in order to get started).
Been trying to sort this one out for close to 5H but am not getting anywhere. Can post attempted code, but I don't think they'd be helpful.
Thanks in advance for any insight, guidance, help or advice!
- RA