I can get Beyond Compare 4 to work as the diff tool however not as the merge tool even if I configure it as a custom merge tool. The merge box pops up for moment and then goes away. If this can't be explained I'd like to know if there is a way I can determine the error I am running into it so I have some evidence to help solve the problem. Thank you!!!
The config options for this are in Tools\Options\Diff . Make sure to not have either the diff or the merge tool set to "System Default", that seems to never work. There are built-in options for Beyond Compare.
If you notice I said I already did that. I cannot get it to work either setting it directly or setting it as custom. I continued to play around with it and I have learned that I have a bigger issue. I think somehow my source tree has gotten into a bad state. I am unable to even use the original merge tool I had configured which is TortoiseMerge. Only the difference viewer seems to work.
I misunderstood, I thought you only used the custom option. Anyway. If this happens with any merge program, I'm not sure how you could fix it. You could try updating/reinstalling SourceTree. [Are SourceTree and BC both installed to their default locations?]
Before I saw your second response I had already removed my repository and started the check out process again. I am going to see if that cleans up anything. If not I will try the re-install. As for your question both are installed in the default locations.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.