I run a property management firm that does community mgmt (Homeowner associations, condo associations, etc). There's 4 of us on the community management team. We have roughly 20 communities we manage. We currently use a spreadsheet to track each communities maintenance and other operational issues. Each tab on the spreadsheet represents one community. I have it so I can share out read only access for each tab to each board of directors of the respective community. This way they can gain visibility into where we are with each issue we're working on. Short story, the spreadsheet is becoming a mess.
I want to use Trello boards to replicate what we're doing. Organizationally, having 1 board per community would work. Then I can invite the board of directors for each community to be an observer to their community's trello board.
However, where it gets confusing is how or if these observers count toward the subscription cost. I need to give the 4 of us at the company access, so I'm fine with paying for the 4 of us for business class, but I see in some literature that even observers will be charged as a full user. Visibility into what we're doing is merely a value-add so they can see updates on issues as they happen and don't have to rely on emailing/calling us and/or waiting for a response.
I'd prefer not making the Board public as there are financial info and sometimes private information being disclosed on these issues lists.
Thoughts? Suggestions?
Thank you.