Good evening everyone,
I decided to share with you my story from today so that you never assume, always check and recheck.
After a long day and when about to log out, my coworker reached out to me asking to update ScriptRunner User License in a dev environment because we just increased the users license. Well without hesitation I started navigating between the different Atlassian Tools to make sure everything was showing the right number. When done, I clicked on BitBucket to update ScriptRunner License. My mistake was I assumed that the link was pointing to Dev when actually it was still pointing to Prod(because we just had a data refresh from Prod).
This is an unauthorized change because we did have a change ticket for after work hours. We are subject to heavy auditing.
To summarize my situation, I really saw the email coming with my termination. At least I won't have to see HR in-person 🤪
How did I make this stupid mistake? Not sure. Why did I assume? That was another stupid decision.
I hated myself but had to inform my boss.
Please share with us a situation that made your blood freeze in your veins. It is always good to learn from people mistakes to avoid yourself a similar situation.
Best,
Fadoua
