The workflow I am trying to accommodate uses email as a starting point. That may change in the future, but for now it's what I am working with.
The short version is that I am trying to extract two specific pieces of information from an inbound email using Butler. Both of these appear to be common requests, but the example documentation on this topic appears to be out of date (pre-acquisition).
First, I would like to extract the sender's email address from the email and add it to a custom field so that the sender receives updates as the task moves through the workflow. I would prefer to be able to extract the email from the "FROM" field of the email itself, but I can also search for a text string in the description if necessary.
Second, I would like to extract a date from the subject line to assign to the Due field (directly or via a custom field). Older documentation suggests that Butler can do this, but the configuration options for today's version of Butler do not appear to (?) contain appropriate options. I suppose I could pattern match as well, but that's a less useful scenario given the multitude of date formats a sender could use.
I would appreciate any suggestions.