I am unable to start a remote build agent on a Linux machine. The initial startup goes well but hangs here:
INFO | jvm 1 | 2020/08/18 16:03:59 | 2020-08-18 16:03:59,954 INFO [AgentRunnerThread] [AgentRegistrationBean] Registering agent on the server,
I'm using Bamboo 6.10.4 build 61009 - 21 Nov 19 and AdoptOpenJDK 1.8.
I've tried running the remote agent on two different Ubuntu 18 machines as well as on a fresh install of Ubuntu 20. They all hang at the same place.
This happens when the agent is run from Docker as well as 'bare-metal', like this:
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/adoptopenjdk-8-hotspot-amd64
java -jar -Dbamboo.home=/home/developer/Bamboo ./atlassian-bamboo-agent-installer-6.10.4.jar https://porkchop.sandwiches:6443/agentServer
I am able to successfully start remote build agents from any Mac or Windows machine, both from Docker (the exact same image that I tried on the Linux machines) and bare-metal.
This started happening after we moved our Bamboo machine from one data center to another. I have been assured that nothing in the path between my machines and the Bamboo machine has changed.
What am I doing wrong? I don't get how it could work flawlessly with Mac and Windows but not at all with Ubuntu.
And I don't think it has anything to do with not being able to talk to the broker because I can netcat and telnet from the Ubuntu machines to 54663 on the Bamboo server.