I feel like this has a simple answer, but I can't seem to find it anywhere, so here it goes:
I've built a simple template with 5 cards in it. In my "top" card I have linked 4 other cards, so I can run a Butler automation that changes all of their due dates based on the date in the "top" card. In the template, it works great.
The problem comes in when I build a new board from this template. My new board has the "top" card still linked to the template's 4 cards, not the new board's 4 cards. It doesn't link to the new boards cards (perhaps because the links are via pasting a URL), but this breaks the purpose of the template.
I have to manually re-link each of the 4 cards to the new board's top card in order for my automation to be effective (and not change the dates on all of my template cards!)
So, how can I make the links relative to the board (instead of absolute to the template), so when I create a new board, the 4 linked cards are the ones in the new board, not the one from the template board?
Bonus points if you can answer this question, too: How do I ensure the same Butler automation is automatically checked (turned on) with my new board? Right now I have to manually turn on each rule, which also seems counter to the idea of creating a new board from a template.