Today’s question is: if you can only watch five TV shows for the rest of your life, what would they be?
They can be shows on or off the air, miniseries or sports events count. Do you go for longevity? Quality? Rewatchability?
I put waaaay too much thought into this and here are my picks:
Saturday Night Live
This is the easiest pick for me, because it’s now 45 years worth of comedy and counting, with so many legendary performers and great casts.
Great British Bake-Off
I love reality competition shows, and pondered others (RuPaul’s Drag Race or Top Chef for example) but GBBO is so soothing, gentle, and enjoyable that I have to go with that one. The perfect background comfort TV.
Fleabag
Because I chose two with lots of seasons, I am treating myself to this two-season gem, Fleabag, one of the most perfect shows ever made. Brilliant performances and an amazing ending. Can’t live without Hot Priest in my life!
The Olympics
I typed that stuff above about sports and then realized that there is a sport thing that I love to watch, and that’s the Olympics! I particularly enjoy gymnastics, diving, figure skating, and that kind of downhill skiing where they go around flags. (Slalom I think?)
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
Because of the music! The humor! The heart! And that I was actually very briefly an extra on it. But mostly all those other things.
What about you?