Hi,
In our notification policy workflow, I added policy that would dedupe for the same alias.
For testing purposes, I set:
- Match All Alerts
Then
- Delay/Suppress
-- Delay notifications unless the de-duplication count is equal to "5"
I then sent test alerts in via datadog
I see the count for the alert going up, but expected the after 5, that another alert notification would show in opsgenie. However, the count just continues to climb.
Wondering what I am doing wrong.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update - I see in activity log that with both "Delay notifications unless de-duplication count is equal to"
OR
"Delay notifications unless the alert is occurred 2 times in a time interval..."
that it is delaying the first notification.
Now that I read the rule again, that seems to do what it's saying.
But how do we receive a notification for the first alert, then de-dupe subsequent alerts"
The goal is for the team members to receive the initial alert, then suppress subsequent so they aren't overwhelmed for the same alert unless a threshold is breached.
Thanks for any help,
Craig