Seemingly out of nowhere, SourceTree (1.6.23, Win7 x64) has started creating a new merge commit whenever I pull changes from remote (GitHub), then telling me I am one commit ahead and can push that change back up to origin. When all I did was sync up with the remote branch. If I right click on the last commit from the remote, and choose "Reset current branch to this commit," everything goes back to what I expect. The only box checked on the Pull dialog is "Commit merged changes immediately." I've tried experimenting with unchecking that, or also checking "Create new commit even if fast-forward is possible," or unchecking "Commit...immediately" and only checking "Create new commit..." and that doesn't fix it either.
I've tried to figure this out by removing any possible issues in `.git/config` (no help), as well as `.git/sourcetreeconfig` (no help)–this is when I realized it happens no matter what repo I'm working in.
My coworker has the same setup as me (same OS, same SourceTree version, same repo, same remote), and he does not have this issue.
Having to reset the branch every time I pull doesn't seem like that big of a hassle, but it starts to eat up my time–especially when things run slowly.
Have I changed a setting in SourceTree and just not realized it?