While I acknowledge that some people - inexplicably! - actually like the new UI, it should be evident to anyone that there is a very large group of users (a majority in my estimation, although I admit to being biased) who hate it fervently.
Personally I feel very frustrated at the choice between sticking to a legacy version of SourceTree or having the new UI crammed down my throat. Don't get me wrong, I'll choose the former any day of the week - but I will miss the actual functionality of the new updates. I believe a very large group of users feel the same way.
The obvious solution is to make it a personal preference in the SourceTree application so that you have the ability to keep the old look'n'feel if you want. I imagine it shouldn't be too major of a change since you don't need to invent something that didn't already exist at some point. You just need the app to support both looks instead of forcing the new one.
My question is, how do we go about making this a formal request to the dev team? And how to best raise awareness of the suggestion to both the devs and all the users who would support such a feature?
I'm not well acquainted with the process for this kind of thing. But I guess a lot of upvotes on this question would be a good first step
EDIT: I have created https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-4841 and encourage everyone to upvote it.