Hi,
We are using Bamboo REST API to run the builds automatically. And we want to pass the jira's associate with the build too. Is there any way we can do that.
We are using below method to run the build
curl -k --user user:password -X POST -d "stage&executeAllStages" http://bamboo:8085/rest/api/latest/queue/proj_Name-plan_Name
If I have Jira number ji-23,ji-24,ji-25 & ji-26 I want to pass this jiras and want to see in the build in commit section.
Thanks,Chethan
Hi Chethan,
As far as I know there is no direct way through the rest api.
I do know of a workaround though. Adding a comment with the issue key, links it correctly to the jira issue.
The first request to start the plan returns xml including the build key and number.
If you parse that build number and then make a comment for each jira issue that you have e.g:
curl -k --user user:password -X POST -d "{\"content\":\"ji-23\"}" http://bamboo:8085rest/api/latest/result/projectkey-plankey-buildnumber/comment -H "Content-Type: application/json"
Then a comment will appear on the build, correctly linking it to each of the issuekeys and adding it to the "issues" section of the build.
Hope that helps!
Richard
Thanks for quick response,
Once I run this curl command as provided I get a > prompt in linux box so i feel still expecting some other data.
Can you Please help me on this.
Regards,
Chethan
That can happen if you haven't matched all of your quotes:
e.g you have a starting " but not an ending one.
There is also slightly typo in my comment, url should be http://bamboo:8085/rest..., not http://bamboo:8085rest.
If it's still not clear after a close look at your command, maybe paste it here (minus the username and password)
Hi Richard,
Thanks a lot. I am able to post the comment thanks for all the help
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.