I want to run a Bamboo server with a second server that will run remote agents. How do I size that server? Is there a recommended size (CPU and memory) per agent?
Hi,
the probably often given and more generic answer is: that depends on your usage scenarios, number of build and on how your expectations towards performance and probably needed waiting times are.
Please find a best practice guide on hardware considerations here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/bamboo-best-practice-system-requirements-388401170.htmlFor more specific sizing details you would have to make own tests for sure.
Maybe you find this video also adding up some insights - at least it is quite entertaining.
https://www.atlassian.com/de/wac/company/events/summit-us/watch-sessions/2012/archives/dev-speed/moneypenny-speaks
Cheers,Daniel
The presentation was helpful but that hardware guid is not. It talks only about local agents and the Bamboo server itself.
I realize sizing agents has a lot to do with what they are doing but if I want to run 10 agents on a particular VM that is allocated should I have at least 1 CPU core per agent and 2 GB RAM? or more or less?
I'm just looking for any sort of basic sizing assuming that all of the agents could be in use at a time.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.