Hi,
I'm using Bamboo v7.0.4.
I have created a Bamboo plan with YAML specs and I would like to define an empty plan variable. If a user doesn't provide a value when they trigger the plan, the plan will have a check in place and fail.
I want to avoid using a dummy value as a placeholder value.
Bamboo plan as YAML specs to reproduce the issue:
version: 2
plan:
project-key: ABC
name: Empty Variable Test
key: EVT
variables:
MY_VARIABLE: ""
Using null as a value instead of an empty string, will lead to the same result:
version: 2
plan:
project-key: ABC
name: Empty Variable Test
key: EVT
variables:
MY_VARIABLE: null
Both will lead to an error when the specs are scanned by Bamboo:
23-Jul-2020 14:25:18 Bamboo YAML import failed: Could not determine YAML document version: variables / MY_VARIABLE: String must not be empty.
I flagged this topic as a probable bug, since it's possible to declare an empty variable when you configure a plan manually and it's also possible to then export the plan into Java specs, so I assume Java specs also allow empty variables.
.variables(new Variable("MY_VARIABLE", ""))
I checked the Bamboo bug tracker in advance and couldn't find any related ticket.
Cheers