When you comment a card with something like "*number*. *something*" the *number* automatically changes to "1." after publishing. For example "168. asdf" turns into "1. asdf".
@Runov - does this happen on the website, the mobile app (Android or iOS), desktop app, or all three?
EDIT 1: Whoa, crazy, I'm able to reproduce your issue in Chrome on Windows. :-o
Adding this in a card description
168. chickenscats1. dogs
Yields:
1. chickenscats2. dogs
EDIT 2: I reported this to Trello Support, and I included a link to this Community thread in the bug report. Thanks for sharing this!
Hi @Runov
If you take a look at the markdown options for Trello, not only can you find out why this is happening but also how to stop it. This is what I believe is happening:
You can use markdown in the description cards as well as the comments.
Hope that's helpful
Esme
Thanks for the clarification, Esme!
Wasn't obviously intuitive to me, but glad there's a help doc on it.
Hi @Dave LIAO
I'm sorry to say, but this isn't a bug, it's markdown within comments and descriptions not being used/understood properly.
168\. chickens would remove the autonumbering.
Trello thinks that it's a list, and is numbering it accordingly, you have to tell it that it's not a list by using the \
If you look at the link below, you'll see all the ways that Trello uses markdown, how to format your text in these sections, as well as how to stop it from happening!
Hope that's helpful!
@Esme Crutchley - Thanks again for clarifying!
@Runov - Esme's right, I'd pick her answer as the correct one. Her answer also includes a link to Trello's documentation on how numbering in markup works.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.