Hey, how can I change my settings from seeing all notifications to only seeing notifications that I'm only tagged on?
@Robinson G the issue here is that when you're added to a card, set a due date on a card or add a comment to a card, you then "watch" that card by default.
Whenever you are watching something (card, list, board) you get notified about absolutely everything that happens, which makes Trello's notifications more or less unusable IMHO.
The comment thing is easy: when you add a comment to a card, uncheck the "watch" checkbox, you only have to do this once then it's remembered for your account on all devices.
The only way to automatically unwatch any card you're added to is via the API, which is precisely what my product BenkoBoard does (for this very reason):
http://www.benkoboard.com/
When you're added to a card, BenkoBoard unwatches the card and adds a copy to a central "Inbox" list on your board. This means you only get notified about being added to a card, mentioned in a comment, and removed from a card, which is a much more manageable number of notifications.
It also creates a linked card in your Inbox list when you're mentioned in a comment, so that you can easily prioritise replies to comments as tasks, and lets you use Trello as a Gmail client.
@Robinson G In iOS app under notification, there is a gear icon at the click on it to change what you want to get notified.
@milynnus I'm using Android. What's the steps that I can follow on Android? Thanks in advance.
@Robinson G I don’t have the android Trello app but I did find this link. https://help.trello.com/article/1195-push-notification-settings-for-mobile
@milynnus I've already tried that one but the app doesn't have the option to mark the categories you want to be notified on. It only has the notifications, sound and vibrate toggle for turning on and off as seen in the screenshot above. Don't have any idea of what to do next.
@Iain Dooley The steps you've outlined for seems not to be working for me. Thanks for the help, appreciate it.
@Robinson G Hmm I'm not sure what you mean. What did you try and what didn't work?
@Iain Dooley What I mean is even on cards that I'm not watching I still am getting notifications about those cards, so I can't stop watching them.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.