Hello,
We have a maven build that is failing on a remote agent with java heap space errors.
The remote agent is a virtual machine and I've been experimenting with combinations of increasing the ram on the box and increasing/decreasing the heap size of the Bamboo agent to try and resolve our problem.
However, I have noticed that if I specify a heap size greater than 4gb the agent doesn't seem to reflect the max size I set, it almost seems to be limited to 4gb.
[Mon Jul 13 18:05:19]# cat /opt/bamboo/bamboo-agent-home/conf/wrapper.conf
...
# Initial Java Heap Size (in MB)
wrapper.java.initmemory=256
# Maximum Java Heap Size (in MB)
wrapper.java.maxmemory=8192
[Mon Jul 13 18:10:35]# top
...
3736 bamboo 20 0 9709340 769112 34456 S 0.3 4.7 0:40.07 java -Dbamboo.home=/opt/bamboo/bamboo-agent-home -Dbamboo.agent.ignoreServerCertName=false -Xms256m -Xmx4096m
I can specify max heap size lower than 4gb and the heap size will change OK, but it won't go higher than 4gb.
The agent is version 5.9.1
Thanks
Ted