A Bitbucket user asked us the following question. As I had recently challenged a similar issue, I wanted to publish my results:
Hi Team,I have five repository in my bitbucket account and I want to move all thecontent from all 5 repository to one new.Steps That I followed:1. Clone all the repository on my local system.2. Created new repository and clone that empty repository on my localsystem.3. Copy and Past all the five repository into newly created repository onlocal system.4. git push the newly created repositoryI am observing issue that only folders pushed to bitbucket but data notpushed.Please suggest the correct way for this task.Thanks,Megha
Hi Team,
I have five repository in my bitbucket account and I want to move all thecontent from all 5 repository to one new.
Steps That I followed:
1. Clone all the repository on my local system.2. Created new repository and clone that empty repository on my localsystem.3. Copy and Past all the five repository into newly created repository onlocal system.4. git push the newly created repository
I am observing issue that only folders pushed to bitbucket but data notpushed.
Please suggest the correct way for this task.
Thanks,Megha
It seems like what is happening here is that Git is identifying the sub-folders of the main project folder that contain .git folders as a subtree.
To prevent this behavior, strip out the .git folders from each subfolder in the project.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.