When switching to a branch I notice that the default view in the Workspace is always History. Is there any way to change the default to be File status?Minor issue but our writers change branches a lot and have no need to view the history so they're always switching back to status.Apologies if this is just a basic menu option that I missed - I hunted for it but couldn't find anything.
Thanks
Same issue here. I am a single developer and only need to see the History if I messed something up in a bad way... I am always switching to the File Status. Would love to find a way to set this as the default when opening Source Tree or just a way to open to last state.
I agree: Workspace "History" is only usefull if things go wrong - not for normal workflow.
i wrote in our company-manual:Always switch to "File Status" ( ...and don't click and change in history for normal work! )
Therfore "workspace default is fix to "History" maybe a minor feature - for me it is a big issue!
agreed. this is a major waste of time for me. it takes a long time for ST to build a history I don't want to see - during which the ST UI is frozen. when it's finished a click on File Status.
also agreed! Huge waste of time pressing ctrl + 1 every time I change branch! Should be a preference setting for this
Has anyone figured out a solution to this yet? Super annoying to constantly have to enter CTRL + 1 everything I want to commit incrementally.
Is there a solution?
Its already mid 2023. Still no solution? For a simple feature.
Come on Atlassian let's fix this
+1
It is the waiting for the history to load before you can switch that is annoying
The best way is to ask a feature request or to search for a feature request that fixes the issue. I'm also annoyed by this and I found this one:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-14275?filter=98713&jql=project%20%3D%20SRCTREEWIN%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20text%20~%20%22workspace%22So, everybode comment over there and cast your vote on that issue if you would like that devs do something with this request.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.