We are working to get our Bamboo builds running in a K8s cluster. We have the PBC plugins installed and configured, sidekick image created and our test plan seemS to be running OK (within OpenShift) but when the Source Code Checkout task executes, getting our source code from Bitbucket, I see the message "Submodules handling requested but no native Git capability defined for agent. Please define native Git capability for agent to use submodules." in the log file.
I've created a new sidekick image adding:
/buildeng/bamboo-update-capability "system.builder.command.Git" "/usr/bin/git"
to the file setup.sh and added:
Add setup.sh /buildeng-custom/
to the Dockerfile
I then ran the container locally via docker run and verified that the file and contents were there and in the correct location.
docker run --rm -it bamboo-agent-sidekick
# cat buildeng-custom/setup.sh
# GIT capability
/buildeng/bamboo-update-capability "system.builder.command.Git" "/usr/bin/git"
When I re-run the job I'm still getting the same error.
Can someone tell me how configure the system this so that I can do submodule updates?
Thanks