This just happened yesterday. I am using the same email address I have used for years to log in.
If you contact us via trello.com/contact with a url to a board that you have in your browser history we can investigate and see what happened.
I gave up on trello.com/contact when I got nonsensical automated responders to my issue. Aside from this community, I saw no helpful options, so your suggestion also makes no sense to me.
I was advised by a colleague to try a different email address than the one associated with my Trello account. For one of them, Atlassian suggested that I sign up. By doing this, I was able to recover the contents of my Trello account.
Keep your badges and try replacing them with some decent customer support.
I'm sorry you had a crappy experience getting support but glad you were able to get into your account.
I'm the cofounder of Trello - so your feedback is helpful and apologies for the subpar support experience.
I would still like to know why I got locked out of my account. I can provide a URL to one of my boards but I still don't understand where at trello.com/contact you were thinking of. You didn't say to post it to the community and Ask Trello Support doesn't seem like a good idea since it only gives canned replies. This still matters, because I'm trying to decide whether to continue recommending Trello to others in my organization, not to mention continuing with it myself.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.