related to my earlier question what would be the best strategies if one needs to limit prevent changes to critical parts of the board that is currently used for automation... like list names.... I understand one is to use the ID. Is there any options on the user permission side? This probably relates to the plan. Thanks.
@milynnus there are no "intra board" access controls in Trello. I once did a setup for someone where a template board had the correct list names with a card in each list that contained the list ID in the user board, that way I was able to reset the list name to the correct name based on ID with every list change, it was pretty solid, but it's easier to just tell people not to mess with the lists
Thanks @Iain Dooley I am doing what you have suggested to tell people not to mess with the list and post notice on the board - use --- on the card.name and a single custom field.
On the backend scripting, I keep watch of changes to the few important list names before my time triggered updates to the cards.
@milynnus the trouble I had with detecting name changes only is that if the name changes twice in quick succession, then the latest event will reset the list name to the incorrect name.
https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/447488bdd7a13cc8f2e69d9e4b3f2b09
So basically you have a "private board" where the only member is your Trellinator bot, and it has a bunch of lists with your correct list names, and one card in each list which has the ID of the list to be protected in your main board.
When you change a list name, if a card exists with that list ID, the list name will be reset to the name of the list containing the card.
The second part of the protection is to stop those lists from being archived with this function:
https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/cc21317cce608f0964d34b4003ff07d8
@Iain Dooley now I must really learn and use Trellinator. It compliments what I am doing.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.