Hello all,
I contacted Atlassian Support to see if there is any way to change host headers for JIRA and Confluence from their original default port address- http://localhost:8080 and http://localhost:8090 to http://Jira and http://Confluence, and the response I got back was that this kind of modification is outside the scope of Atlassian's support and I might as well want to check here.
So here I am and I am wondering if anyone has been successful with host header modification for a better name than long http://localhost:port number.
Many thanks.Best regards,Kevin Chong
Do you mean the http headers, or the actual URLs it's running on? Most of us whack Apache in front of Jira/Confluence and get that to proxypass/reverseproxy http://mine/jira to http://localhost:8080
Hello Nic,
Thank you for the comment.
Jira and Confluence are currently running on their default ports (8080 and 8090), and the actual URLs are http://localhost:8080 and 8090 for Jira and Confluence.
What I would like to do is to be able to type in http://jira or http://confluence to be redirected to the actual port that Jira and Confluence is running on because it sometimes confuse people with rather long address with server names and numbers.
So I am trying to figure out a way to use host headers with Jira and Confluence or some way to direct users to the site via a better name. Both Jira and Confluence use Apache but its not a standard Apache instance from what I know (they are internal to the application).
Thanks.
Best regards,
Kevin Chong
Er, there's no "internal apache" in Jira or Confluence.
Do you mean the Tomcats the off-the-shelf versions run under? That's technically apache-tomcat, not apache.
Apache (or another webserver) that can proxy your connections is the thing you need for this (I don't even know if Tomcat can do it!)
Nic,
Sorry for the confusion. And Yes, I was referring to Apache-Tomcat.
I am not too familiar with all these and was just wondering if I could type in http://Jira for instance, and be directed to the actual address.
I created an issue through Atlassian Support and I was told that with regards to the particular modification I was looking for there is nothing they can do about it.
So they directed me to here..
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.