I'm writing an app for internal use that needs to collect data from a Jira Server. Basically, it will crawl the Jira server, starting with Projects and recursing down into Issues looking for specific bits of data.
Everything I've read seems to indicate that the REST API is best suited for this. In fact, everything I've read about the Java API seems to indicate that it's intended for writing plugins for JIRA, intended to be installed on the server.
The one thing that bothers me, though, is that the architecture diagram for the Java API here: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/integrating-with-jira-server/ has a "Common Component" labelled "REST". Is there a way to use that common component in my Java projects? I'm about to go down a path of creating a bunch of Jackson annotated objects so that I can Java-fy the REST API. I would love to avoid doing that work if it's already been done.
Thanks,
Ed