Hello,
When I try to submit a PATCH or PUT request to update an incident, I get:
{"error":"incident is missing"}
Here is my request:
curl --location --request PATCH 'https://api.statuspage.io/v1/pages/xxxx/incidents/lf7****nf2?api_key=xxx' \--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \--data-raw '{"incident": "Requests Failed (500)","status": "identified"}'
I have also tried with Authorization: Oauth <api-key> approach
I am able to create an incident and am also able to list them, so I am unsure what is going on.
I am following https://developer.statuspage.io/#operation/putPagesPageIdIncidentsIncidentId and https://developer.statuspage.io/#operation/patchPagesPageIdIncidentsIncidentId
What am I missing?
Any advice is much appreciated
i need to use https://doers.statuspage.io/api/v1/ methods
Hey Norman
Yeah, you're going to need to wrap everything in an incident container. So your call would need to look similar to the example shown on doers.statuspage.io -
curl https://api.statuspage.io/v1/pages/{page_id}/incidents.json \-H "Authorization: OAuth **************" \-X PATCH \-d "incident[name]=Requests Failed (500)" \-d "incident[status]=identified" \-d "incident[body]=Sample update" \-d "incident[component_ids][]=yxrqcr0kc3hx" \
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.