Good morning,
I have created a custom field named PAYS and I put inside the country of the card. When I make a search, Trello does not find the country which I asked for.
Thank you
Benoît Bernier
Did it on iOS and was able to search within nickname which is a custom field.
I remember testing with py-Trello library and it did not.
I understand nothing, sorry
Benoît
@BERNIER Basically it shows that you can search against a custom field. Also tested on the desktop and id ok.
When i used a py-trello library to incorporate search it did not search the custom field but if you are not doing any enhancements by coding to integrate with Trello, you can ignore this.
@BERNIER there are 2 search functions in Trello, one is at the board level and used to be called "filtering" which (imho) was a better name for it:
https://help.trello.com/article/787-filtering-search-cards-on-a-board
This "filter" search within a board will look for text within custom fields.
The other kind of search is across all boards:
https://help.trello.com/article/808-searching-for-cards-all-boards
This will *not* look inside custom fields. If you want to search across all boards for some content you'll need to put it in the title or description (or comment or checklist items).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.