I can't find a way in the yaml spec reference to checkout a specific branch of a (linked) repository. Creating an extra linked repository for each branch isn't a clean solution in my opinion.
Does anyone know about this?
@danieldaeschle
We ran into a similar problem, where we wanted to checkout specific tags or branches of dependencies, depending on the versions used in the main project that is being tested.
I did find a solution, but it is not exactly "clean" - in fact it is really complicated given the simplicity of what I wanted to achieve.
At the start of the build I defined a task, which parses the version of the dependency from the main build and exposes it as a "result variable". In our case they are all maven projects, so we use the Maven Pom Value Extractor plugin for this part.
Then I have defined stages to build each of dependencies. The first task in each of these stages uses a Script task to manually checkout the correct tag / branch of the dependency.
We use java specs so I don't have yaml version to hand, but the basic format is like this:
Stage 1 : Check dependency versions
Stage 2: Build dependency x
...More stages for other dependencies
Final Stage:
- Build main product we want to test.
Try sth. like this (requires Bamboo 6.10 or later)
version: 2plan:project-key: PRJkey: PLANname: Plan namemaster-branch: branchXstages: - Default stage: - Default jobDefault job:tasks: []triggers: []
i need it for another repository which will be checked out, not the main repository.
How do you manually checkout that branch?
Oh, forgot to actually answer the question:
First we have a checkout task, which checks out the dependencies master branch.
Then, we have a script task with contents similar to below:
#!/bin/bash -xEXPECTED="${bamboo_variable_for_target_branch}"git branch -agit checkout $EXPECTEDCURRENT=`git rev-parse --abbrev-ref HEAD`if [ "$CURRENT" == "$EXPECTED"];thenecho "Now on branch $CURRENT"exit 0fiecho "On branch $CURRENT, either $EXPECTED does not exist or repo cache outdated
Notes:
- We had to select the option: "Fetch Whole Repository" on each linked repo
- We had to make sure to checkout each dependency into it's own working directory (and set the script task's working directory to match the dependency in question
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.