I'm just setting up Trello for my school. I know everyone on our Trello Team can see the Team-Visible Boards. Can people who are NOT on our Trello Team see my Team's Board, List and Card when I @[deleted] them in a Checklist? So they're not a Team member of my Trello Team, but they have a Trello account (and work at the same school). Can they see the Card after I @[deleted] them? Get notifications? Write Comments in the Activity section of the Card and check the box as done on the Checklist item? Thanks!
Hi @Robbie Gutierrez ,
Welcome to the community!
As far as my information, you can't mention anyone on a Trello board if the person is not a member of the board. So the person can't see the card... won't get any notification etc.
Note make sure your board was private and only visible to team members.
For more information on permissions: https://help.trello.com/article/791-changing-permissions-on-a-board
Hi @Robbie Gutierrez
Welcome to the Community!
Ok, let me see if I have this right!
You have a team with XYZ people.
You have boards within that team that you want other people (not in the team) to be able to interact with?
If that's the case, you could add them to the boards, rather than the team.
E.g. if you have a team of you, Bob, Phil and Fred - all of you have access to all boards within the team. But you want Jessica to be able to see Board A and interact with it - add Jessica to the board. On another board within the team, Board B, you want Peter to be able to interact, add him just to that board. On Board C you want Patrick and Emma to be able to interact, so you add them to the board. None of this involves adding them to the overarching XYZ Team.
Does that make any sense at all or am I talking in jibberish?!
Let me know if it makes sense, I'll try again if I'm explaining it in a totally rubbish way!
Esme
However, if you're using Trello Business Class, please be mindful that if you're adding individual members to more than 1 board, they will be classed as multi-board guests and you will be charged for them - thought I should point that out!
Soumyadeep:
Thank you for the reply. But based on the article you sent, if I make team ABC and want to invite someone who is XYZ (not on Team ABC but at the same school), that XYZ person will be a Guest. The Article you linked says:
Guest - A normal member on the board. The user is however not a member of the team that the boards belongs to.
Commenting permissions
Members - Allow admins and normal members to comment. This is the default setting.
So that means that this XYZ person who is a Guest is like a Normal member, correct? Or am I missing something? Thank you!
Robbie
Hi Esme:
Yes, that's precisely what I want to do. I'm not sure how this works - can you see the answer Soumyadeep sent me? He's saying I can't, but the Help article he links says:
So that means that this XYZ person who is a Guest is like a Normal member, correct? Or is it just that they have commenting permissions but don't get notified? Or am I missing something?
I so appreciate your insight. I have to present Trello to my department on Thursday and explain how it works- thank you for helping me sound like I know what I'm doing!
Hi Robbie!
Can you let me know if you're using a Free Team or a Business Class Team, because there are different 'rules' for each one, and I don't want to give you the wrong info!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.