Seems like checklist items do not show up in search results on a board. Is that right?
@Ed Coulson There is indeed a delay in the searches indexing new content, if you want to include searchable links, you can always use markdown to format the checklist items instead of just pasting the URL directly:
[Link Text](https://www.google.com)
This should show up "Link Text" in search results, and also be clickable on all platforms.
Hi @Ed Coulson ,
Welcome to the community!
Yes, It was almost right!
Cards show up in searches that contain checklists.
For more information visit & read the document below!
https://help.trello.com/article/972-filtering-vs-searching
Thanks. For some reason, I was not seeing (in search results) cards which I knew contained the search term within a newly created checklist item. But maybe there is some time delay before they are indexed, or something? Now, they seem to appear in search results as you describe. Thanks for replying.
Actually, I checked again. It seems that the search cannot see text which is part of a URL. So, for example, I have a checklist which is a list of URLs. When I search for a text string which I know is in one of those URLs, the relevant card (checklist) does not appear in search results. This has required me to manually click in and out of cards, searching for the location of one checklist item.
Please visit the below link and read carefully! I hope it will solve your problem!
https://blog.trello.com/the-search-features-youve-been-looking-for
Very helpful, thank you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.