Hi
We are setting up and evaluating Crowd as our user management.
Is it possible to have users in Crowd but groups in Jira. The behaviour we are seeing suggests we need to move our groups to crowd.
we have two LDAP directories in Jira, both read-only, local groups.
I have added these two LDAP directories in Crowd and added Crowd to Jira. The existing LDAP is still in place. If I move the Crowd directory to the top of the list to take precedence I can see all the users as before but there are no group memberships shown or only a test group set up in crowd.
I had assumed the previous memberships would still appear associated with the user of the same original username,
So my question is, if we implement crowd , do we have to rebuild all the group memberships either in Jira or Crowd, in order to cutover to the new crowd directory. I can see how to do this with a mixture of groovy and REST calls but it's quite a commitment
Tom