I've invited people previously to my boards, but when I click on invite this time, it wants me to create a team rather than just letting me put in an email to invite that person, why is it doing this?
@jackie.yourflexibleoffice I haven't seen that behaviour can you post a screenshot?
Hi Iain, I've checked and it is a private board, and this is what comes up.
@jackie.yourflexibleoffice Okay, well I guess they want you to create a team
I already have a team or two so I don't see this, but you can create a free team and then continue creating personal boards and inviting people to them.
Thanks Iain, weird as I've never seen this before, but I'll give it a go and create teams. Would anyone I invite have to be a team member, or can I go back to inviting individuals by their emails?
@lylemuller hits the nail on the head. This update removes the ability to create unlimited boards for free with collaborators. We currently do not use a Business Class team, as we have been able to operate using personal boards, adding other individuals (internal & external), and upgrading specific individuals to Trello Gold when appropriate/needed.
Limiting 10 boards to a free team, essentially forces anyone who wants to collaborate on >10 boards to upgrade to Business Class (many businesses/individuals operate using more than 10 boards) - a much more costly endeavour than Trello Gold. To be honest, it seems to be forcing free/Gold users onto Business Class teams - without the notification that this change was coming.
As Lyle mentioned, one could create multiple free teams as needed, but this does affect one's workflow & process.
During a time when most businesses are in a period of belt-tightening, this change is disheartening as many who have already paid for Trello Gold (~$45p/annum) will soon need to commit to a pricier monthly subscription.
This looks like an end of Trello for me, I just tried to create a personal board and add two people and I couldn't as it asks for the team, when I don't use any teams as I work mostly with one two persons on different boards, mostly different clients. I had to search for alternative and started to use Github projects instead of Trello. I was actually expecting something like this would happed after Atlassian's acquire.
This is how you ruin a nice simple product. I don't want to make teams; I just want to manage people and clients. Now I don't know if they will be hidden from one another with this teams crap.
Yep - it's all about "Monetizing the asset". Painful but as old as the internet - build a loyal user base who like the features and help develop them - then take it all away until you pay.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.