I am getting the following error on Zapier when a zap is supposed to occur from Zapier to Trello - how do I fix this?
The app returned "Rate limit exceeded: requests per interval for API token".
Hi,
As I don't know the specific setup, you have it's dificult to tell you how. You have to reduce the number of requests over time.
There is a limit of 300 requests per 10 seconds for each API key and no more than 100 requests per 10 second interval for each token. If a request exceeds the limit, Trello will return a 429 error.
https://help.trello.com/article/838-api-rate-limits#:~:text=There%20is%20a%20limit%20of,will%20return%20a%20429%20error.
A very simple way to do so is to add a delay after each request.
Hope this helps or maybe you can exlplain your setup a bit.
Reto
Hey Reto,
I have a paperform > zapier > trello zap set up
I'm auto pulling field from the form, creating a new card & mapping the appropriate custom fields & labels
For some reason I kept getting the error when testing my zap & sometimes certain fields are available from the paperform but they aren't being added to the custom fields of the new cards after its been set up.
Well in this case I suggest to use the zapier helper "delay after queue", to avoid the rate limit problem.
Just add this helper between the paperform and the trello connector.
Thanks Reto - where is this Queue Title being added? Is it needed?
Also - on any given day the submissions vary from 10-30 different submissions. How would you suggest we get this added to ensure it doesn't fail on entry or skip updating specific fields via Trello?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.