Is there a way to clear all votes when using the Voting Power up?
I tried to disable it to start over, but that does nothing. It still even shows the old votes when doing that. Thanks!
Hi @Ben ,
Welcome to the community!
Please visit the below link and follow the steps. I hope it will solve your problem!
https://help.trello.com/article/788-voting-on-cards
Hi Soumyadeep,Unfortunately, this does not address the question. I am looking to clear ALL votes. This only talks about an individual taking back their personal vote.
My hack solution was to copy every card and archive the cards with the votes. That leaves a card without any votes. It is not ideal. It is very manual and now every comment is attributed to me (because I was the one did the copying). It did get the job done well enough though.
@Ben note that in order to copy all cards in a list, you can just copy the list:
https://help.trello.com/article/802-copying-cards-lists-or-boards#:~:text=To%20copy%20a%20list%2C%20click,and%20all%20of%20its%20cards.
Easy. Use 'Butler' >>
Create a new 'Board Button' and use the following:
create a new list named "old", move all the cards in list "Retro Safety Check" to list "old", copy all the cards in list "old" to list "Retro Safety Check", and archive list "old"
In the above example I can a single common list called 'Retro Safety Check' I wanted the team to vote on by-weekly.
This then gives a nice clean button at the top of the board and does exactly what you want.
Hope this helps!
Hi James
I tried your suggestion and the votes are copies as well:
create a new list named "old", move all the cards in list "Agenda items" to list "old", copy all the cards in list "old" to list "Agenda items", and archive list "old"
Is anything else that needs to be done?
Thanks
Looks like Atlassian updated the metadata of what is coped. This no longer works for me either now. It was a 'feature' for me at the time that it 'didn't' copy the votes over when you copied cards.
Unfortunately it now does.
Not even disabeling the power up resolves this.I was using the leaner coffee plugin before. (That did not have this problem) but it hade random limits on the number of votes.As an admin clearing votes is essential.. not sure where to file a feature request.
The accepted answer is not the answer here.
We need to be able to clear all the votes.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.