I am doing some consulting work for the puppet department of a feature length stop-motion film.
I am trying to set up a trello board to mirror a physical board that is currently in use.
The physical board is arranged by "week of" columns, with rows representing the departments - mold, costume, armature, etc...
At the very highest level, the tasks are each individual puppet that needs building, but these will be broken down into many subtasks, some of which are dependent on one department finishing before another can start. Others can be done simultaneously. Theoretically, each sub-task has a due date, and while those dates are in flux, A) the final due date of the completed puppet is set in stone, and
it is important to keep the bits moving, since quite a lot of them are part of a dependent stream.
I am having a very hard time conceiving of how to fit all this info onto a board. I am having the sensation that there are only 2 axes to move about on the boards, but that I need 3.
If there's anyone out there who has built very complicated workflows inside trello who is just itching to help out a total newbie to the software, I would VERY much appreciate it.
I have built quite a few systems for tracking in google sheets already and am comfortable writing pretty complex QUERY formulas to get what I need. But to fit it into a tidy, easy-on-the-eyes Kanban-style presentation is kinda making my head spin a little...
THANK YOU!!!
-aaron