I am upgrading Bamboo and have a custom plugin that I'd like to send email but I'm having a hard time getting it to work. Is there any developer documents or examples that I can take a look at to get this working?
If he can't do it the way he was doing it perhaps this might work?
Email email = new Email(recipient).setSubject(subject).setBody(message);
eventPublisher.publish(new EmailEvent(this, email));
Is there a specific problem you have with that plugin?
I can't instantiate BambooMailer. Prior to v5.10 it was a no argument constructor.
bambooMailer = new BambooMailer(new EmailService(new XMLMailServerManager())); gives a signature mismatch
bambooMailer = new BambooMailer(new EmailService(new BambooMailServerManager())); gives a signature mismatch
BambooMailServerManager bambooMailServerManager = new BambooMailServerManager();SMTPMailServer mailServer = bambooMailServerManager.getDefaultSMTPMailServer(); gives a NPE
BambooMailer is a Spring bean that was never available to plugins and you're not supposed to initialize it manually. You'll have to send the email using standard Java APIs.
I don't see why it shouldn't be made available to plugins - feel free to open an improvement request at jira.atlassian.com
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.