I've setup a custom docker registry and configured it to use htpasswd authentication. I have tested logging into the repository successfully by browsing to https://<repo>/ v2/_catalog - and also from Powershell using the Docker login command using the same command from my log file (using "type password.txt | docker login...") to pass the password using --password-stdin.
So I've proven that I can login to my repository with proper credentials.
I've setup a task using command "Push a Docker Image to a Docker registry" and select "Custom Registry".
I've selected "Provide username and password" and type in the correct username and password used previously in both the browser and the Powershell command.
When I run my plan, this task fails showing the following from the logs:
Not logged in to my.repo.com:5000
Error occurred while running Task 'Push SisenseSSOHandler Docker image to registry on Elderberry(3)' of type com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.bamboo-docker-plugin:task.docker.cli.com.atlassian.bamboo.task.TaskException: Failed to execute task
...
Caused by: com.atlassian.utils.process.ProcessException: Error executing '/usr/bin/docker login -u username --password-stdin my.repo.com:5000', exit code: 1
What frustrates me is that I copied that last command and successfully logged in using Powershell.
I'm running Bamboo 7.0.3 build 70016 on CentOS 7 with Docker 19.03.9.
What am I missing? If you need more information I'm happy to provide it. Thanks in advance.