I have added resolution field to my Close status Screen.
It is automatically becoming a required field, But I don't want it as a required field.
Is it a known behaviour in Jira ?
It's how Jira has been designed and built since version 2.0
The resolution is not mandatory in the way other fields are made mandatory, it is defaulted and does not have an "empty" option when you put it on an "edit" screen (i.e. create, edit or transition).
It always gets filled when presented to the user.
The reason for this is a historical essay I won't do here. But it is how Jira is expected to work, and, because Jira uses the resolution field to determine if something is open or closed, it is a correct behaviour (there's another essay on why I don't like it much).
TLDR: Yes, this is as designed, it's not a bug, and if you don't want to set the resolution, you cannot put it on an edit screen.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.