System: Windows Server 2012 R2
DB Server (External): Microsoft SQL
Previous Bamboo: v6.5
New Bamboo: v6.10
Initial Steps Before Upgrade: I made a backup of the xml-data folder (contains builds and configuration). I also made a database export using the built-in tool from Bamboo. In hindsite I think this was the wrong way to keep a backup since I use an external SQL Server.
Problem: I have installed Bamboo 6.10. I run the "Start in Console" and follow the setup instructions through the web browser (custom setup). Everything is fine until I reach the Database setup/connection portion. I enter the Type of database (Microsoft SQL), the driver class name, the direct JDBC connection URL, the user name, and the password. I DO NOT check "Overwrite existing data" as I want to keep my database intact. When I press "Continue" I am given a red error at the top of the page that states "Database contains existing data.". It will not let me proceed and I do not want to overwrite my database, I want to keep my existing Bamboo DB.
How do I get past this? How do I get everything to upgrade without a complete wipe of my database?
I began the process of upgrading Bamboo from version 6.5 to 6.10. I ran an export backup