I just noticed that one of our FishEye instances throws HTTP 500 errors on image related requests.
- https://host.example.com/fisheye/avatar/username?s=40
javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException Could not initialize class javax.imageio.ImageIO
- https://host.example.com/fisheye/fe/commitSparkline.do?w=356&h=70&context=user&username=username&imageBackgroundColour=FFFFFF&outputtype=image
- https://host.example.com/fisheye/fe/commitChartHour.do?w=356&h=70&context=user&username=username&imageBackgroundColour=FFFFFF&outputtype=image
javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetExceptionjava.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetExceptionCould not initialize class org.jfree.chart.encoders.ImageEncoderFactory
On Tuesday the 5th I updated both instances from 4.8.1 to 4.8.2, I assume the problem appeared after the update.
The Log Analyzer doesn't find anything, the server log is not more helpful (can't post it here as it exceeds the maximum post length).
Where can I start to debug this further?
@Gerald Schneider Since you have upgraded, you will need to add the below in the block quote if you dont have in Environment variables
FISHEYE_OPTS=-Djava.awt.headless=true
FISHEYE_OPTS
Please give feed back.
Kind regards,
Mo
This solved the problem.
Maybe this option should be set directly in FishEye when it is necessary now?
Well it depends on how you performed the upgrade, i also think that if you do it via the installer, in Windows you would need to un-install first as stated here
Upgrading Fisheye on Windows it is supposed to be auto added. In Unix like OS, I always extract new version installation files and see what changed in the required files and then add it to my existing file during upgrade so that i don't miss any thing.
Well, that's exactly what I do. I extract the new version and make all necessary changes to the new files, I don't copy over files from the previous version.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.