Hello.If I have an existing installation of Crowd doing SSO with JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo.... is it possible to add something like Webauthn?
There are some plugins for Webauthn like this one
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222278/webauthn-for-confluence/
But I haven't seen something for doing SSO between all the Atlassian products.
Hello @[deleted]
First of all thank you for your interest in our plugin. It is highly appreciated!
We will certainly consider your request and think about implementing SSO for our 2FA and Webauthn products.
@[deleted]just out of curiosity, do you know what protocol you are using for Crowd SSO? Is it the "old" Crowd one or the SAML present in Crowd Data Center?
I suspect it will be very hard if not darn impossible to implement 2FA on top of the old protocol (since the actual communication happens in the background of the Atlassian application via REST) as a single app i.e. on the Crowd side. And to make the app commercial in each application you'd still have to buy separate apps.
So this is more of "if I passed 2FA in one application, how to securely store this fact and pass it to the other application so it doesn't have to ask it again"... And "securely" implies some central verification authority (like Crowd is for the cookies it issues to facilitate SSO) so... potentially an app in Confluence/Jira/Bitbucket/Bamboo each + app in Crowd they all talk to orchestrate the "I've already asked for 2FA in Confluence so don't bother do it again in Jira"
Honestly, sounds easier to ditch Crowd as the SSO solution and hook up to a SAML IdP that supports 2FA and webauthn (not sure if there are any)
@Yuliia Maidanova -Alpha Serve- all of the above just thoughts out loud, as this is an interesting domain, no "you can't do it" intended. In fact I am genuinely interested to see a solution
I don't know what protocol is being used but I know it's the datacenter edition.
I think it will be extremely important to clarify this if you hope to get a solution
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.